Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pumpkins

I have been browsing through pinterest looking for ideas for pumpkin carvings. I found a picture of 4 watermelons someone carved into the teenage mutant ninja turtle...they put glow sticks in them to lite them up! I remember back in the day watching the teenage mutant ninja turtles, and now Sean is watching them.
So we decided to paint our pumpkins green and carve them up like the turtles. The kids loved digging all the seeds out and making sure I didn't mess them up as I carved them. They turned out pretty good, but the glow sticks didn't last very long, so my husband suggested cutting a whole in the bottom and sticking a Christmas lite in each one and that seemed to work better!  Emilee really likes Monster High so I decided to surprise her with a pumpkin especially for her. She was very impressed!





So what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment