Tuesday, April 23, 2013

YUM!!!

Hi All,

I think I am getting the hang of things.

I took a few pictures of dinner tonight (Tuna Melts)so I could share a few pictures on my NEW blog.

Found the recipe on Pinterest, but I changed it up a bit. Ian doesn't like chick peas so I put peas and black olives in his. If you like Tuna these are awesome! You should try'em!!


                                         

Ingredients

  • 1 can solid white tuna in water, drained ( I used the albacore white pouch)
  • 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained or frozen peas, rinsed under cold water
  • 1 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1tsp garlic powder
  • 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
  •  2  pitas
  • 2 cups baby spinach
  • 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese 
  • sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
  • one diced roma tomato

 Direction
  1. Preheat oven to 425F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a bowl, mix tuna, chickpeas or peas, mayonnaise, and all of the pepper.
  3. mix garlic powder and olive oil and brush on both sides of pitas.Place the pitas on the baking sheet. Divide spinach among the pitas, then spread the tuna mixture overtop.
  4. Add tomatoes then Sprinkle cheeses on top of each pita and bake until cheese has melted, 8 to 10 min.
  5. Cut each pita into wedges, we used a pizza cutter.

  

2 comments:

  1. These are delicious! After trying Denise's we made them at home.

    ReplyDelete