Wednesday, October 2, 2013

apples

Friday I got to chaperone Sean's 1st grade field trip to the apple orchard. The weather was perfect for the walk to the orchard. The kids got to go through a small corn maze, went on a hay ride through the orchard, pick an apple off a tree and toured the factory. Everyone had great time. This was the first time I met Sean's teacher, and I have to say he is pretty awesome. Here is a picture of Sean and his buddy on the hay ride.
                                                      Cutties

  I finally made something new with all those apples we picked, and our house smelled so good!! I made red hot apples in the crock pot.  YUMMY!!!!  
 peel and cut about 10-12 apples, add 2 boxes of red hots and about 1/3 -1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice

Cook on high for 8 hours or low for 4 hours...more or less depending on how soft you like them. They are so good! I still have lots more apples...what should I make next??? I'm thinking maybe apple butter?

Have a great night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment